Thursday, December 4, 2008

the cost of sacrifice

These are the times where you think you will know everything to say, words of comfort and being able to relate to an experience. However, i have come to the realization that I have no idea what to say to my husband regarding what he has been through these past few months. I don't know where he has been, what he has seen, gone through or felt. I have no knowledge and won't seeing that he isn't allowed to talk about it. In some ways maybe it is best that i don't know the details whether they be good or bad. I just hope that G-d will give me the right words to say when David comes home. Of course there will be the 'I miss you' and 'I love you' but the difference is there won't be the sharing of experiences as usually happens when one is away for any length of time.

I never realized until this morning that silence and not knowing is a sacrifice. I am so thankful that my husband is willing to make this sacrifice and serve to protect our country and the freedom that we believe in so deeply.

No comments: