Saturday, December 6, 2008

32 Nails

I find the most random things to do when I am procrastinating. I mean it isn't like I have had the past two and a half months to do things while David was gone! Now that I find myself with finals to study for, a house to clean before my husband gets home and those oh so random things that I 'was going to get done' still to do. Did I mention that I only have three days? Of which I have material that I am still studying. Some college professors don't seem to find it necessary to teach what is actually on the FINAL.

You must be wondering why on earth I titled this 32 Nails. It is actually part of random procrastination. You see I thought it would be a good idea to put up white lights around the perimeter of our bedroom. It'll create a relaxing ambience right? The stupid nails barely hold the strands of lights up and I almost expect them to come crashing down while I'm sleeping! And yes it took 32 nails to put the crazy things up. What actually started this whole escapade is the taliet from our wedding. I thought it would be nice to hang above our bed. I was hoping that the really neat plant hangers that I found at Lowe's would end up looking like something from HGTV. That wish was not granted. Instead it looks rather, um, well awkward, this thing hanging over our bed. I'll leave it up until David gets home and see what he thinks. Did I mention that you can't even see the hangar things? The taliet totally covers them up. I could have Winnie the Poo hooks for that matter.

Did you know that Kmart has a great sale on candles, table runners and ribbon right now? Seriously, it was not high on the priorities list to actually go to Kmart but I felt like going. That feeling really only means that you are going to spend money that you didn't really need to spend in the first place, but it is justified with the fact that you saved $21. That is some pretty serious savings, seeing that most of what was purchased was 50% off!!!

FYI- after you get married Kmart sales on cute tablecloths and napkins becomes a highlight of your day.
I guess it's the nesting gene, and no Sarah I am not pregnant.

So now that it is officially my bed time I guess I should start studying. They do say that the things you read right before you go to sleep you remember the most. cram! Cram! CRAM! Sleep.

So here is to all of you who ever have or are in the process of procrastinating! Happy studying!

No comments: