Friday, August 22, 2008

Natzar: protector


Yesterday I started college and David surprised me by bringing home our puppy!
We had fallen in love with Natzar (sounds like "nuts are") about a month ago, but it wasn't working out to get him, we were still getting ready to move into the townhouse.
I wasn't sure if things were going to fall into place and was just waiting to hear when David called and asked me to help him get something out of the car. There was Natzar and David with a huge grin on his face. I was ecstatic to say the least. We had really been debating whether or not to get a puppy; the deciding factor was David deploying and I needed company and security.

Also before we even moved or had seen Natzar, we felt like G-d had chosen his name which is Hebrew for protector. Natzar has been great the 36 hours that we have had him so far (I know it's silly) but he really is a good dog, very even tempered and docile.

We adopted Natzar from Underdogs, a program that places 'underdogs' with a good adoptive family. Turns out our friends have known the founder of the program for years! G-d really has worked everything out! They think Natzar is about 8 weeks old, and he is a mix of yellow lab and pug, completely adorable. Right now we are sitting on the patio enjoying the breeze while he takes a morning nap.
He has been following me around the house and sitting at my feet. To say the least he is a lot of comfort seeing that I spend quite a bit of time alone.
David and I are both so excited and so thankful that G-d has provided and worked everything out. It is the best feeling to be IN G-d's will and receiving his blessings.

shalom and ahava,
Lindsey, David and Natzar!

No comments: