Sunday, August 17, 2008

getting closer

in my last post i shared about the next steps that will be taken regarding my neck and back pain:
since then i have had my MRI, which was fine, and i have also been to the pain management clinic.
talking with the Doctor at pain management i didn't receive a proposition that i expected nor wanted to hear.
He said that since physical therapy and medication have not worked (as well as taking into account various tests that i've had) he believes that the next step and my last option is to burn the nerves around one or two vertebra's in my spine. he says that they are inflamed, and to protect them my muscles are tensing up to protect them. this explains the ever present tightness and pain in my neck and shoulders.
i really did not expect to or want to hear that i would have to kill part of my body in order to have relief from the pain. however, the nerves will also grow back in 6-8 months.

i have prayed for healing, and however G-d desires to bring that about i believe that he will. in the meantime, i pray that i will continue to be a light and a witness to the doctors and other medical staff that i encounter.
Monday i will undergo a test to see if this method of relief will actually work, and if it does the procedure is scheduled for Tuesday.
Please keep David and I in your prayers,
in His shalom, Lindsey

No comments: